Thursday, February 16, 2023

Vigan Kannawidan

Kannawidan is a festival in the Province of Ilocos Sur commemorating the separation of the two Ilocos provinces in 1818. This festival is a showcase of indigenous performances, religious rituals, as well cooking demos featuring the best of Ilocano dishes. Activities for Kannawidan Ilocos include traditional games, cultural shows, drone light, and dancing fountain shows, fireworks display, comedy nights, entertainment, food fest, pet shows, and competitions.

Kannawidan is a variant of the Ilocano word "tawid" meaning heritage or inheritance. When I got to the Kannawidan Traid Fair, I saw a lot of old and antique furnitures likes chairs, tables, cabinets, and more. After that I went to the food sections where there was a lot of yummy food and some original cuisine of Ilocos Sur like Empanada, Bagnet, Longganisa, Pinakbet and more.

It was a great experience going and exploring Kannawidan and I hope I could go again next year so I can see more things about Ilocos Sur.


Reference: https://philippines.travel/events/kannawidan-ylocos-festival#:~:text=A%20festival%20in%20the%20Province,the%20best%20of%20Ilocano%20dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change, it starts with me

C hange is difficult. It is risky, slow to develop, and subject to criticism. And often, one's fear of others is what prevents them from...